Permanent role for a small business Consultant Engineers in the Engineering industry, based in Sutton, Surrey, starting between 13 February 2017 and 13 December 2017.
Areas of activities 1. Rolling stock modifications (eg. ETCS integration) throughout the project life from survey to commissioning including:
a) Concept and detailed electrical design
b) Schematics and wiring diagrams
c) Installation instructions
d) Test specifications
e) Documentation for approvals
2. Vehicle overhaul and maintenance instructions.
3. Investigate problems and develop robust solutions.
4. Vehicle procurement. Bid and technology evaluation.
5. EMC assurance and consulting.
Responsibilities 1. Lead projects, ensuring optimum use of resources to deliver on time and on budget.
2. Act as the technical authority, and develop the company capabilities, in your domain.
3. Remain abreast of all the standards, regulations, and their practical applicability.
4. Execute technical tasks and prepare associated reports.
5. Review the work and deliverables of other staff.
6. Coach less senior staff to ensure they reach their full potential.
7. Network at all levels within the companies, client organisations and other external bodies.
8. Contribute to technical and commercial aspects of new project proposals. Assume role of Bid Manager when required.
9. Support the business development activities, including organising and attending meetings with prospective clients.
10. Contribute to the development of ENOTRAC procedures.
Annual Salary from £20,000 to £100,000
HND or BSc in Electrical Engineering or closely-related subject (Excellent , at least 10 years of experience)
Electrical Engineering or closely-related subject