Permanent role for a small business Accountancy Practice in the Accounting industry, based in Newton Abbot, Devon, starting between 01 August 2017 and 28 February 2018.
We are looking for an organised and conscientious candidate to complement our successful team. We are looking for longevity of service to enable consistency of contact for our clients. For this role experience in an accountancy practice is vital, actual qualifications are a benefit. The candidate would be involved in the following work:-
• Sole Trader and Partnership Accounts
• Corporate Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns
• Company Secretarial
• Business Taxation
• Personal Tax Returns, including involvement in some of the more complex returns including Capital Gains Tax, Foreign pages, Loss Relief claims etc.
• Bookkeeping and VAT (review and manage, we have a department that prepares the bookkeeping)
• Client base management and development by telephone, letter & email and face to face meetings
• New client set up work, potentially some cash flow and business plan work.
• Special works such as incorporation, tax planning and business support.
• HMRC enquiry works
We would measure success in this role on a number of things to include:-
• Productivity and efficiency, without detriment to service levels.
• Ability to add value on jobs, and think “outside the box”, to look for ways to help and improve for the client rather than focusing entirely on finishing the jobs as quickly as possible. This leads on to cross selling our additional services as well.
• To work autonomously, meet our standards of accuracy and follow our systems on their own, in order to support the principle directors by taking on a client base of their own on and managing them on their own with minimal support.
Annual Salary from £23,000 to £32,000
Proven experience in an accountancy practice (Excellent , at least 5 years of experience)
Sole Trade/Partnership Full Accounts. (Excellent , at least 5 years of experience)
Corporate Accounts. (Excellent , at least 5 years of experience)
Business Tax Computations. (Excellent , at least 5 years of experience)
Personal Tax Returns general (Excellent , at least 5 years of experience)
Microsoft Office literate (Good , at least 5 years of experience)
Standard accountancy practice software (e.g. IRIS, Sage, Digita etc). (Good , at least 5 years of experience)